• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 tsifkar

tsifkar
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • 614 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:58 AM

Here are a few ways to convince your parents to let you buy an airsoft gun:

1.)Threat- I usally threaten to spend all of my money on Xbox 360 games if they dont let me buy an airsoft guns.
2.) Annoy **** out of them- I usaly play obnoxious sounds on my saxophone and keyboard untill they go crazy.
3.)Threaten to give up another activity- I threaten to give up soccer(Futbol as in a normal language).

Those are just a few things that ive done. Hope this helps. :wink:

#2 DrJackal

DrJackal
  • Colonel
  • 889 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:09 AM

...or you can be more mature and actually earn their respect. Help out around the house, try to prove that airsoft is as viable an activity as anything else, get a job, raise your grades, anything to show that you're mature. Throwing a fit just makes them see you as how you're acting, a little kid.

#3 dryrot

dryrot
  • Colonel
  • 754 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:19 AM

ohmy.gif DON'T LISTEN TO HIM!!! ITS A TRICK!!!

Try leaving incredibly obovious hints as to what you want to buy. Print off about 10-20 pictures of the gun you want and place them in ramdom places of the house. Insde your parents medicine cabnet, underneath their toilet seat, in their favorite box of snacks or frozen food box, set it as their desktop background, on the refrigerator, inside the refrigator. Anywhere you can possibly think of. And when you're done thinking of places, have a friend think of some places.

This is guaranteed to prove your maturity and earn their respect. :wink:

#4 tsifkar

tsifkar
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • 614 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:20 AM

My parents are different. They just dont like the fact that I like any form of a gun. They never bought me toy guns or anything when I was little. I dont blame them for trying to be good parents but c'mon now.

#5 el_marinero

el_marinero
  • First Lieutenant
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:27 AM

I never had that problem... I didn't start until after I turned 18.

#6 tsifkar

tsifkar
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • 614 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:36 AM

Yeah, but im only 14. Those work for me because im such an asshole that they give in very easily. In fact, Im such an asshole, I drive super slow in the ultra fast lane.

#7 gunnfill

gunnfill
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • 532 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:45 AM

LOL and here my dad had me shooting a BB gun by 4 years old and i got my first real Ruger 10/22 at age 8

#8 Denski

Denski
  • General
  • 9,080 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:08 AM

If I had a son who threatens me with those things above... I call his bluff. Who loses big time? Not me :wink:

Usually talking in a mature fashion and convincing power does the trick.

Talking to my son, I'll say these: Give me straight A's in the next two semesters and you'll get your AEG. Clean my car and help around the house maybe I'll consider buying you one. TRy showing some initiative like working as a paperboy or babysitter and maybe, just maybe I'll be willing to add to your money... if not, I'll let you keep your money and sponsor your airsoft addiction.

Give me reason to trust you.

#9 wompum

wompum
  • Captain
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:29 AM

Thankfully my dad loves airsoft guns so the only slow down factor is money.

#10 BonesSwiss

BonesSwiss
  • Major
  • 399 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:45 AM

(tsifkar)
My parents are different. They just dont like the fact that I like any form of a gun. They never bought me toy guns or anything when I was little. I dont blame them for trying to be good parents but c'mon now.

Do you airsoft with a lot of friends? If you do, when your parents pick you up after your done, tell them how much fun you are having with your friends. Don't ask them for a gun right then, but tell them that you have to borrow your friend's gun and that your friend is getting annoyed from you using his gun too much. Then, listen to Deski's advice. Don't beg your parents for a gun because that'll piss them off more. Then, when they are in a good mood in some day, ask them. I'm 15 and this method worked. My parents are kind of like your parents.

#11 tsifkar

tsifkar
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • 614 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:35 PM

I dont play yet because all I have is an AEP and a GBB. They only people that play around here have AEGs and dont want me playing until I get one. I would always pay for the guns and do anything to show I deserve it but my parents just hate guns. They think that I will grow up to be a gang member or terrorist or something like that.

#12 omygodimonfire

omygodimonfire
  • Major General
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:11 PM

If you grew up to do that...It's their fault for beating you =P sorry
Just because you show an interest in airsoft guns, that's nothing related to grow up to be something bad.
To get my first airsoft gun, my mom was really iffy. So, we just went to the police station and talked to the police about them. Later that night she let me order it =).

#13 CosmO KrameR

CosmO KrameR
  • Captain
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 08:33 PM

Damn Denski's kids are getting all of his guns! Lucky SOB's. If I wana airsoft gun il be like come on I havent bought one in a while, or look at the other kids whos hobbies are smoking weed im spending money on something good. Or il say to my dad then il geta very unsafe airgun smile.gif .

#14 Nautilus724

Nautilus724
  • Lieutenant General
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:07 PM

(tsifkar)
Yeah, but im only 14. Those work for me because im such an ****** that they give in very easily. In fact, Im such an ******, I drive super slow in the ultra fast lane.

I smell a spoiled brat here.

Sorry if you really aren't a brat, but that is the impression you gave off to me and I bet to you're parents. Try acting a bit more maturly and you will be able to earn peoples' respect and prove you are a bit more responsible. Don't whine, don't bitch, don't fight. Listen to you're parents. If they say no airsoft, then present the sport to them in a mature manner. If they still say no, then find another game to play.

I personally believe you are NOT responsible enough to play airsoft just from this one thread.

#15 Big_Gunger

Big_Gunger
  • Brigadier General
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 10:52 PM

If I want a gun, I'm shy about talking about it. You go straight to the point, you want a gun. You meet their demands, and then you have it. Putting pictures in their glove compartment/ condom compartment is being a prick. Don't annoy them for that, and get away saying "I'm not spoiled", your office manager of your shift won't get you your paycheck while you're posting pictures of a Check in his coffee.

Be brave, ask them for it, do what they want. Hobbies don't appear in front of you.

Giving up your best thing is retarded. Giving up soccer for an airsoft gun? Hell I'll take your life you ignorant carrot-dip. Some kids can't play soccer, or play saxophone. They have to deal with that old room with nothing else but study and study. Their persistence pays off, and they get more than they started with. Bad choice if you quit soccer for airsoft. You are gifted, it's not something you are always born with.

#16 Nautilus724

Nautilus724
  • Lieutenant General
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 11:16 PM

And to add to that, you just got an Xbox 360. That thing costs hundreds. Then you ask for an AEG? Hold off on the purchases.

#17 soadrocker856

soadrocker856
  • Brigadier General
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 11:17 PM

I didn't need convincing with my dad. There's been like an outbreak of pigeons in ahwatukee and my dad suggested I get a BB gun to kill 'em all. I just left out the fact that the stock FPS of my TM M16A2 doesn't have enough stock FPS to effectivly kill a pigeon.

#18 tsifkar

tsifkar
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • 614 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:00 AM

Yes I am mature enough to play airsoft. I always wear eye protection, never bring the gbb in public and dont shoot people if they dont have protection.

And I wouldnt really give up soccer or saxophone because I love them both. My parents just want me to succed at them.

I do act mature, but I get mad when THEY BUY my brother a pb gun but dont let ME BUY an airsoft gun.

I also work for my money and buy the xbox and guns with my money. Im dont think im spoiled. I really want to play airsoft but they hate it

#19 Rubber_Ducky

Rubber_Ducky
  • Lieutenant General
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:03 AM

(tsifkar)
Here are a few ways to convince your parents to let you buy an airsoft gun:

1.)Threat- I usally threaten to spend all of my money on Xbox 360 games if they dont let me buy an airsoft guns.
2.) Annoy **** out of them- I usaly play obnoxious sounds on my saxophone and keyboard untill they go crazy.
3.)Threaten to give up another activity- I threaten to give up soccer(Futbol as in a normal language).

4) Hold your breath, stamp your feet, and threaten to run away.

Seriously, if I had a kid who did what you suggested, I'd buy the little brat a one-way ticket to the Neverland Ranch.

#20 Big_Gunger

Big_Gunger
  • Brigadier General
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:07 AM

Indeed RD...good choice. Me? I would send them to some dark alley in LA with all the ethnic gangs, and put on his t-shirt:
"I'm a Wigger". Jay-kay....loller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users